Author Topic: Multiple editor shortcuts  (Read 8672 times)

Offline atf300

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Multiple editor shortcuts
« on: April 10, 2007, 02:37:00 PM »
my work is done exclusivly in Raw+JPG , sometimes its really a pain when i want to edit just the raw in Capture NX or Lightroom , whilst my default editor is photoshop .

i would like to have shortcut for different editors at the same time .

Like: E - for photoshop , Shift E - Capture NX , ...

it would also perfectly fit into the new ShuttleXpress template im using .

Hope i sound reasonable , its been a long day of shooting

Offline SamFrost

• View Profile
    • Sam Frost Photography
Re: Multiple editor shortcuts
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 01:25:31 AM »
On a related subject, now that we have those great new proxy icons for unsupported file types, how can I set an editor for them?  There is the custom apps window for setting specific editors for each file type, but it does not list unsupported types like MS Office documents (.doc, .xls), mp3s, etc.  As I can now see them in the Contact Sheet it would be useful to be able to set a list of custom extensions to map to specific editors.  I can set custom editors accessible by contextual menu, but it would be nice to be able to send a Word file to an external editor in the same way as for image files, as defined in the Preferences (in my case by double-clicking) or Command-E / E.

Sam

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 05:19:16 AM »
I don't even wish for a hotkey for the multiple editors just let me set them and choose from the right click menu. I have multiple editors (including simple viewing apps as well) I would like to use assigned to either JPG or RAW.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 07:54:52 AM »
I don't even wish for a hotkey for the multiple editors just let me set them and choose from the right click menu. I have multiple editors (including simple viewing apps as well) I would like to use assigned to either JPG or RAW.

You can set an individual editor for each supported file type in the Launching tab of the Preferences dialog.  Click on the "Set..." button to the right of the text that reads "Assign specific editing applications for each file type:"

You can even add ten editors as Custom editors which are not related to any specific file type.  All editors are available from the contextual menus in the contact sheet and preview windows.

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 01:42:47 AM »
You can even add ten editors as Custom editors which are not related to any specific file type.  All editors are available from the contextual menus in the contact sheet and preview windows.

Thanks Kirk! I remembered to read somewhere about the possibility to add more than one editors but didn't find the HOW neither here in the forum, or the manual. Since I wasn't looking for assigning to filetypes I didn't check all the file types (so I didn't notus the custom options at the end of the list). Thanks again!
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline IanGoldstein

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 07:39:11 AM »
Kirk,

At least on the Windows version of PM, under the Launching tab of the Preferences dialog for "default application to edit photos" there are two options: (1) Let Windows open files, or (2) Assign default application.  If "Let Windows open files" is selected, then any file type can easily be editted, even unsupported file types. However, when a default editor is set, it seems to be used for all files, not just photos.  I think this option should only affect the editting of photo files. Other file types should probably always be opened by Windows. This would give us the ability to have both a default photo edittor AND easy ability to edit unsupported file types.

Thanks,
Ian

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 07:59:17 AM »
Ian,

At least on the Windows version of PM, under the Launching tab of the Preferences dialog for "default application to edit photos" there are two options: (1) Let Windows open files, or (2) Assign default application.  If "Let Windows open files" is selected, then any file type can easily be editted, even unsupported file types. However, when a default editor is set, it seems to be used for all files, not just photos.  I think this option should only affect the editting of photo files. Other file types should probably always be opened by Windows. This would give us the ability to have both a default photo edittor AND easy ability to edit unsupported file types.

That's a great idea.  I'll see if I can squeeze that in for 4.5.2.

-Kirk