Author Topic: Check Spelling  (Read 2821 times)

Offline Patrick McPartland

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Check Spelling
« on: May 07, 2007, 10:19:20 AM »
 ???
This may have been discussed, but I couldn't find it. I am still using PM 4.4.3.3 and I can't get the Check Spelling window to work. I can open the window and it highlights the incorrect word. But, when I click on any of the buttons (ignore, next, etc…) nothing happens.
Do I need to set something up for this item to work? And will I need to set up the same when I finally upgrade to 4.5 (just awaiting the bean counters to OK my request).

I'm using -
Mac OS 10.3.9
PM 4.4.3.3

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Check Spelling
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 12:01:52 PM »
Patrick,

This may have been discussed, but I couldn't find it. I am still using PM 4.4.3.3 and I can't get the Check Spelling window to work. I can open the window and it highlights the incorrect word. But, when I click on any of the buttons (ignore, next, etc…) nothing happens.
Do I need to set something up for this item to work? And will I need to set up the same when I finally upgrade to 4.5 (just awaiting the bean counters to OK my request).

You don't need to use that dialog.  The spell checking is all done inline. You enable the spell checking of the Caption field by checking the "Check spelling of Caption field as you type" checkbox in the IPTC/XMP tab of the Preferences dialog.

Then when you are typing and a word is misspelled, it will get a red squiggly underline beneath it.  Control-clicking (or right-click on a two button mouse) on the word will produce a menu where you can correct the word, learn the word, etc.

The Check Spelling window does not work with modal dialogs and that is why it wasn't working for you.  But you don't need to manually do that step anyway.

-Kirk