Author Topic: Find and Replace does not recognize Case sensitive search  (Read 939 times)

Offline marcopolo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Find and Replace does not recognize Case sensitive search
« on: April 17, 2022, 01:12:14 PM »
I tried to replace, "Event" with "event" in the keyword metadata using the Edit>Find and Replace and checked the box, Case sensitive search, but only received an error message.

So I used the Find function and found all files with the "Event" keyword.  Then changed the view in the contact sheet to "Selected" and used the Find and Replace function.  This time all 55 instances of Event were replaced with "event".

Is there something I am doing wrong? or don't understand about Find and Replace?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Find and Replace does not recognize Case sensitive search
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2022, 04:45:16 PM »
I tried to replace, "Event" with "event" in the keyword metadata using the Edit>Find and Replace and checked the box, Case sensitive search, but only received an error message.

What was the error message?

So I used the Find function and found all files with the "Event" keyword.  Then changed the view in the contact sheet to "Selected" and used the Find and Replace function.  This time all 55 instances of Event were replaced with "event".

Is there something I am doing wrong? or don't understand about Find and Replace?

Hard to say without seeing your settings.  Please post a screen shot of your Find and Replace panel, showing your settings.

-Kirk

Offline marcopolo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Find and Replace does not recognize Case sensitive search
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2022, 09:13:53 AM »
When I unckecked the search in Filenames the Find and Replaced worked as advertised.  Thanks.  --marcopolo