Photo Mechanic > Support

Find and Replace does not recognize Case sensitive search

(1/1)

marcopolo:
I tried to replace, "Event" with "event" in the keyword metadata using the Edit>Find and Replace and checked the box, Case sensitive search, but only received an error message.

So I used the Find function and found all files with the "Event" keyword.  Then changed the view in the contact sheet to "Selected" and used the Find and Replace function.  This time all 55 instances of Event were replaced with "event".

Is there something I am doing wrong? or don't understand about Find and Replace?

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: marcopolo on April 17, 2022, 01:12:14 PM ---I tried to replace, "Event" with "event" in the keyword metadata using the Edit>Find and Replace and checked the box, Case sensitive search, but only received an error message.
--- End quote ---

What was the error message?

--- Quote from: marcopolo on April 17, 2022, 01:12:14 PM ---So I used the Find function and found all files with the "Event" keyword.  Then changed the view in the contact sheet to "Selected" and used the Find and Replace function.  This time all 55 instances of Event were replaced with "event".

Is there something I am doing wrong? or don't understand about Find and Replace?

--- End quote ---

Hard to say without seeing your settings.  Please post a screen shot of your Find and Replace panel, showing your settings.

-Kirk

marcopolo:
When I unckecked the search in Filenames the Find and Replaced worked as advertised.  Thanks.  --marcopolo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version