Author Topic: Variable for renaming with Shutter Count on Sony A7IV  (Read 866 times)

Offline danstark

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Variable for renaming with Shutter Count on Sony A7IV
« on: April 18, 2022, 03:36:34 PM »
Greetings - I am looking at the variables available for use in renaming. I see "actuations,act" which always shows as <null> in my experiments.

I see references to an Sony EXIF field titled ShutterCount but I'm unable to find a corresponding variable in those available in the rename dialog.

Is there a variable that would allow me to include the ShutterCount in my file renaming?

Alternatively, my end goal is to rename all the files with a totally unique string.

Shooting RAW with Sony A7III and A7IV
PM ver 6.0 build 6424 (aa9739e)

Thanks from a neighbor Portland,
Dan

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Variable for renaming with Shutter Count on Sony A7IV
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2022, 09:46:11 AM »
Dan
Greetings - I am looking at the variables available for use in renaming. I see "actuations,act" which always shows as <null> in my experiments.

I see references to an Sony EXIF field titled ShutterCount but I'm unable to find a corresponding variable in those available in the rename dialog.

Is there a variable that would allow me to include the ShutterCount in my file renaming?

No.  While the field is known to us, DMCA restrictions won't allow us to decrypt it.

Alternatively, my end goal is to rename all the files with a totally unique string.

The date and time along with a sequence {seqn} or even {frame4} should produce a unique name.

-Kirk

Offline danstark

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Variable for renaming with Shutter Count on Sony A7IV
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2022, 02:07:58 PM »
Thanks so much for the reply.