Photo Mechanic > Support

Variable for renaming with Shutter Count on Sony A7IV

(1/1)

danstark:
Greetings - I am looking at the variables available for use in renaming. I see "actuations,act" which always shows as <null> in my experiments.

I see references to an Sony EXIF field titled ShutterCount but I'm unable to find a corresponding variable in those available in the rename dialog.

Is there a variable that would allow me to include the ShutterCount in my file renaming?

Alternatively, my end goal is to rename all the files with a totally unique string.

Shooting RAW with Sony A7III and A7IV
PM ver 6.0 build 6424 (aa9739e)

Thanks from a neighbor Portland,
Dan

Kirk Baker:
Dan

--- Quote from: danstark on April 18, 2022, 03:36:34 PM ---Greetings - I am looking at the variables available for use in renaming. I see "actuations,act" which always shows as <null> in my experiments.

I see references to an Sony EXIF field titled ShutterCount but I'm unable to find a corresponding variable in those available in the rename dialog.

Is there a variable that would allow me to include the ShutterCount in my file renaming?
--- End quote ---

No.  While the field is known to us, DMCA restrictions won't allow us to decrypt it.

--- Quote from: danstark on April 18, 2022, 03:36:34 PM ---Alternatively, my end goal is to rename all the files with a totally unique string.
--- End quote ---

The date and time along with a sequence {seqn} or even {frame4} should produce a unique name.

-Kirk

danstark:
Thanks so much for the reply.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version