Author Topic: Batch Edit Meta Data of selected Images / Date Created – Media Pro Migration  (Read 1340 times)

Offline phrank

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • phrank photo/graphics
Hi, I’m new to PM+ and still learning. Coming from Media Pro, I'm wondering how to batch edit more then one image at a time. I used to select several images and just type in the meta data in the meta data info panel, which will be applied to all selected. Does this exist in Photo Mechanic +?

Another thing I’m missing is the IPTC field "Date Created". There is the date from the camera’s EXIF meta data "Time and Date", which I could edit, but I don't want to change this info.
Like in Media Pro, I would like to have an extra field to note all photos made at one date (time doesn't matter).
Useful for nightlife event photography to group all images have been taken at the same day (before 0.00 and after 0.00).

Offline AnnieP

• View Profile
I think you need to look at the Metadata (IPTC) Template located in the EDIT menus. Select a number of images, open the template, input your data and it is applied to all selected.

This template is VERY customizable. There are a number of excellent videos online covering the subject. I discovered the versatility of this template only recently and wish I had known all it can do earlier.

Not sure about the "Date Created" field, but look in all the IPTC fields available and you might well find it.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Coming from Media Pro, I'm wondering how to batch edit more then one image at a time.

https://docs.camerabits.com/support/solutions/articles/48000207623-using-the-metadata-iptc-template

Another thing I’m missing is the IPTC field "Date Created". There is the date from the camera’s EXIF meta data "Time and Date", which I could edit, but I don't want to change this info.

See the Date field in the Metadata (IPTC) Template (it's displayed in the first image in the above documentation).  You can set the date without affecting the time.  (There is no time widget to adjust.)

-Kirk

Offline phrank

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • phrank photo/graphics
thanks kirk. got it;-)

Offline marcopolo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile

See the Date field in the Metadata (IPTC) Template (it's displayed in the first image in the above documentation).  You can set the date without affecting the time.  (There is no time widget to adjust.)

I'm a new user ... can you elaborate on how this Date field in the Metadata template is used? or adjusted?  How does this differ from the Tools>Adjust Capture Dates and Times?  Thanks.  --marcopolo
« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 08:42:43 PM by Kirk Baker »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.

I'm a new user ... can you elaborate on how this Date field in the Metadata template is used? or adjusted?  How does this differ from the Tools>Adjust Capture Dates and Times?

It sets the date of the caption (metadata) which is not the same date as the capture date.

Please see: https://docs.camerabits.com/support/solutions/articles/48000207623-using-the-metadata-iptc-template

-Kirk