Author Topic: IPTC Stationary Pad is different when Ingesting...  (Read 2778 times)

Offline mikael

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • mikaelkjellstrom.com
IPTC Stationary Pad is different when Ingesting...
« on: May 05, 2007, 01:31:39 PM »
OK.  This is the problem I am running into in the latest beta version.

When I had my contact sheet open I went to the Stationary pad with the 'command' +I.  Changed all the captions etc and then closed it.  When I do the command + I it comes back up fine, and it is the same as I typed.

Now for the problem, when I put a disk in and the Ingestion window is coming up, I have the 'apply stationary pad' checked.  If I then click on the Stationary pad from the Ingestion Dialog, the stationary pad is not the same!  It was my old assignment that I had yesterday and not the new one that I typed.

...Mikael

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: IPTC Stationary Pad is different when Ingesting...
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 09:32:03 PM »
Mikael,

OK.  This is the problem I am running into in the latest beta version.

When I had my contact sheet open I went to the Stationary pad with the 'command' +I.  Changed all the captions etc and then closed it.  When I do the command + I it comes back up fine, and it is the same as I typed.

Now for the problem, when I put a disk in and the Ingestion window is coming up, I have the 'apply stationary pad' checked.  If I then click on the Stationary pad from the Ingestion Dialog, the stationary pad is not the same!  It was my old assignment that I had yesterday and not the new one that I typed.

If you close the Ingest dialog with the Apply Stationery Pad checkbox checked (or actually start an Ingest with it checked) then it will preserve the IPTC Stationery Pad that was active at the time and restore it when reopened.  It used to never save the IPTC Stationery Pad settings that were active when the dialog was closed which as several users have pointed out to us was less than intuitive.

The IPTC Stationery Pad that is active at the time of a snapshot is now also preserved and restored if the Apply Stationery Pad checkbox was set at the time of the snapshot.

Because of the issue where people want to setup the IPTC Stationery Pad separate (and earlier) than the time of Ingest, we'll have to add some sort of button to load the global IPTC Stationery Pad when desired.

-Kirk