Author Topic: Email function  (Read 4005 times)

Offline straightpipes

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Email function
« on: May 08, 2007, 01:54:50 AM »
Hi Kirk
Having problems emailing.  When I select photos to email they are sent as html, or corrupt files.  Also the images show up as 2 separate jpg files in the email program.  One file is a 1 k and the other is the full size that was sent.  The only time the file opens at all is when I send a full size photo not a downsized one. Even then I get a double jpg showing up. I tried every combination of email choices.  This might not be a problem with the beta, I seem to have had this previous.  I assumed it was the client's fault.  Today I was ready to blast the client but I decided to test it myself and found the problem was on my end.
Just to verify the problem I used lightroom to duplicate the tests and the emailing worked fine, even the downsizing in lightroom transferred properly.
Specs:  mac os 10.4.9, problem on both dual G4 desktop and powerbook.  Using PM 4.5.1.
Not sure any of this will make sense at this point, I might have to send you a file for you to see.
Cheers Jon

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Email function
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 06:26:01 AM »
Jon,

Having problems emailing.  When I select photos to email they are sent as html, or corrupt files.  Also the images show up as 2 separate jpg files in the email program.  One file is a 1 k and the other is the full size that was sent.  The only time the file opens at all is when I send a full size photo not a downsized one. Even then I get a double jpg showing up. I tried every combination of email choices.  This might not be a problem with the beta, I seem to have had this previous.  I assumed it was the client's fault.  Today I was ready to blast the client but I decided to test it myself and found the problem was on my end.
Just to verify the problem I used lightroom to duplicate the tests and the emailing worked fine, even the downsizing in lightroom transferred properly.
Specs:  mac os 10.4.9, problem on both dual G4 desktop and powerbook.  Using PM 4.5.1.
Not sure any of this will make sense at this point, I might have to send you a file for you to see.

I made no changes between 4.5.0 and 4.5.1 in regards to the Send photos via email feature on Mac OS X.  The important thing to know is what Email client are you using?  How about posting a screenshot of your Send photos via email dialog just before you click the Send button?

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline straightpipes

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 01:30:37 PM »
Hi Kirk
Here is 5 photos ready to send
Here are the 5 photos showing up as 10 photos in email and opening them gives corrupt data.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 04:07:32 PM »
Here is 5 photos ready to send
Here are the 5 photos showing up as 10 photos in email and opening them gives corrupt data.

OK, so I see that you use Entourage.  What does the email look like before you send it out?  Does it have ten attachments before you send?

-Kirk

Offline straightpipes

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 06:50:14 PM »
Hi Kirk
The last time I emailed photos from PM was 4/27.  Attached is the Entourage email that was sent4/27.  The client got them ok.  When I forwared the email to my hotmail account just now the duplicate jpg's show up (attached).  However when I download the jpg (larger one) it opens ok.  Unlike what happens now where all multiple jpg's are corrupt.  The only thing that changed from 4/27 to now is I downloaded the latest security update from mac and 4.5.1 of PM.  I don't think this is related though, but you never know.
I am really stumped.  To recap:  worked on 4/27. Does not work on 5/8.
Cheers Jon

[attachment deleted by admin]