Author Topic: Job ID / Transmission Reference not displayed in Metadata (IPTC) Browse Menu  (Read 1175 times)

Offline phrank

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • phrank photo/graphics
Hi I have activated "Job ID / Transmission Reference" in "Metadata (IPTC ) Dialogs" Preferences,
but it's not showiing up in the Browse menu.

What do i miss?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Hi I have activated "Job ID / Transmission Reference" in "Metadata (IPTC ) Dialogs" Preferences,

What do i miss?

It's not indexed separately.  Not all fields are indexed and made available for Browsing.

-Kirk

Offline michaelbothager

• View Profile
Kirk,

What do i miss?

It's not indexed separately.  Not all fields are indexed and made available for Browsing.

-Kirk

Any plans for indexing this field and making it available for Browsing? Or is it a candidate for a feature request?

/Michael

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Michael,

What do i miss?

Any plans for indexing this field and making it available for Browsing? Or is it a candidate for a feature request?

No plans at this time, but you're welcome to make a feature request.  That said, the more fields that are indexed, the longer it takes to update and build a catalog.  So we can't index all of the fields, only the most popular ones.

-Kirk

Offline michaelbothager

• View Profile
Kirk,

Michael,

What do i miss?

No plans at this time, but you're welcome to make a feature request.  That said, the more fields that are indexed, the longer it takes to update and build a catalog.  So we can't index all of the fields, only the most popular ones.

-Kirk

Cool, thank you. I might do that at some point.

/Michael