Author Topic: Edit -> Select Photos with GPS  (Read 832 times)

Offline AnnieP

• View Profile
Edit -> Select Photos with GPS
« on: May 03, 2022, 03:04:20 PM »
Many times I want to check and see if all my photos have GPS attached. So I go to Edit and Select Photos with GPS and all photos with GPS will be highlighted. I will then invert the selection to show any photos without GPS.

If I have many (thousands) of photos total and only, say, 100 or so do not have GPS I have to go through all the photos to find the ones that are highlighted. Then I'll work with two or three of them, the highlights disappear from the others and I have to start all over again.

Is there any way I can isolate only these highlighted images, so I can work with them separate from the whole?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Edit -> Select Photos with GPS
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2022, 04:23:03 PM »
Annie,

Many times I want to check and see if all my photos have GPS attached. So I go to Edit and Select Photos with GPS and all photos with GPS will be highlighted. I will then invert the selection to show any photos without GPS.

If I have many (thousands) of photos total and only, say, 100 or so do not have GPS I have to go through all the photos to find the ones that are highlighted. Then I'll work with two or three of them, the highlights disappear from the others and I have to start all over again.

Is there any way I can isolate only these highlighted images, so I can work with them separate from the whole?

Yes.  From the View menu, choose "Selected".  All of the selected images will be seen, none of the unselected images will be seen.  Note: this view filtering is not realtime, meaning that if you view Selected and then deselect an image, it will still be seen.  View->Refresh will apply the view filter again and you'll be left with the remaining selected images.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline AnnieP

• View Profile
Re: Edit -> Select Photos with GPS
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2022, 06:24:43 PM »
Once again, thank you. I really am a longtime PM user; I'm finding out, tho, just how superficially I've been using it and trying to learn more.

I appreciate your answers and your patience.