Author Topic: Enlarging preview picture in IPTC?  (Read 8740 times)

Offline pwgphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Enlarging preview picture in IPTC?
« on: May 08, 2007, 07:38:25 AM »
At home I can enlarge the preview window of an image when I am captioning it in the IPTC by holding down the control key and clicking on the image.  At work this does not seem to work.  I don't know if a setting was changed at work but is there a way to fix it?  We use PC's  at home I use 4.5 and at work the most up to date 4.4

Thanks
Paul
Paul W. Gillespie
Photographer
The Capital Newspaper
Annapolis, MD

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Enlarging preview picture in IPTC?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 08:46:20 AM »
At home I can enlarge the preview window of an image when I am captioning it in the IPTC by holding down the control key and clicking on the image.  At work this does not seem to work.  I don't know if a setting was changed at work but is there a way to fix it?  We use PC's  at home I use 4.5 and at work the most up to date 4.4

You don't need to hold down the control key when clicking.  Just clicking should do it.

What OS do you use at work?

-Kirk

Offline pwgphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 06:52:44 AM »
Kirk I was mistaken about holding the control key down.  I can just click in the preview image to enlarge it at home but it does not work at work.  I am running both computers with Windows XP.

thanks
Paul
Paul W. Gillespie
Photographer
The Capital Newspaper
Annapolis, MD

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 07:04:08 AM »
Paul,

Kirk I was mistaken about holding the control key down.  I can just click in the preview image to enlarge it at home but it does not work at work.  I am running both computers with Windows XP.

Holding down Alt-Z will also zoom the image without having to use the mouse.  Does that work for you on the system at work?

-Kirk

Offline pwgphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 09:36:26 AM »
No it does not work at work.  It does work at home.  I don't know if there is a setting that has been changed or just a glitch in our computer at work.

Thanks
Paul
Paul W. Gillespie
Photographer
The Capital Newspaper
Annapolis, MD

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 10:26:04 AM »
Paul,

No it does not work at work.  It does work at home.  I don't know if there is a setting that has been changed or just a glitch in our computer at work.

What kind of images are you viewing at work?  When you view those same images in the Preview window, can you zoom into them at 100%?

-Kirk

Offline pwgphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007, 08:48:26 PM »
Kirk I shoot Nikon RAW Nefs+basic jpg.  I can 100% preview in the preview mode.

Thanks
Paul
Paul W. Gillespie
Photographer
The Capital Newspaper
Annapolis, MD

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2007, 09:14:53 PM »
Paul,

Kirk I shoot Nikon RAW Nefs+basic jpg.  I can 100% preview in the preview mode.

Well, you got me then.  I have never seen what you're talking about on the Windows version if the images can be drawn at high resolution, then the thumbnail should zoom up by either clicking on the image, or by holding down the Alt-Z key combo.

-Kirk

Offline pwgphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2007, 08:57:34 PM »
Something else I noticed today was that the little magnifying glass was not there when I would mouse over the thumbnail.

I wonder if I get the IT guys to uninstall and reinstall the program that would help?  They purchased it over a year ago and it is now upgraded to the latest version before 4.5.  If they uninstall it will be be able to get updated to the latest version before the 4.5 upgrade?  I don't think they will buy the new upgrade at this time.

Anyway thanks for your help.  It is great that you answer all these questions.

Paul
Paul W. Gillespie
Photographer
The Capital Newspaper
Annapolis, MD

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2007, 09:01:45 PM »
Paul,

Something else I noticed today was that the little magnifying glass was not there when I would mouse over the thumbnail.

I wonder if I get the IT guys to uninstall and reinstall the program that would help?  They purchased it over a year ago and it is now upgraded to the latest version before 4.5.  If they uninstall it will be be able to get updated to the latest version before the 4.5 upgrade?  I don't think they will buy the new upgrade at this time.

You can always download the most recent version in a series from our website.  In your case that would be version 4.4.3.3 and you can download it here:

http://www.camerabits.com/download/index.html

-Kirk