Author Topic: Adding selected files to collection peculiarity  (Read 1316 times)

Offline michaelbothager

• View Profile
Adding selected files to collection peculiarity
« on: May 08, 2022, 12:36:46 AM »
When adding selected images from a contact sheet to a collection using cmd+b, the selected count (Selected x of y... – in the bottom left of the app window) sometimes updates to something else not reflecting the actual selection in the contact sheet shown.

It is not all contact sheets which shows this oddity, like collection contact sheets apparently doesn't. I've reproduced with contact sheets from quick search and regular folder contact sheets from the Navigator.

Also, as shown in the screenshots, the Browse tab in the Organiser lights up, indicating two selected tabs...

Steps to reproduce:
1: In the Collections pane, select a collection (Col1).
2: Open Quick Search and perform a search resulting in more than 32 images. select some images.
3: Select one or a few images in Sheet1, , make a note of the Selected x of y count, then press cmd+b to add them to the Col1 collection
4: Look at the Selected X of Y have changed updated to something else.

/Michael

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Adding selected files to collection peculiarity
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2022, 08:04:17 PM »
If the metadata is not available, sizes cannot be calculated.

-Kirk

Offline michaelbothager

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2022, 08:16:18 PM »
Kirk,

If the metadata is not available, sizes cannot be calculated.

-Kirk

It's not just about the calculated the size.

The selected count changes as described in the same contact sheet, but the actual selected images is not changed, is shown in the screen shots. In the second screen shot, more than one image is selected.

Also two tabs are highlighted.

/Michael

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2022, 11:34:18 AM »
Hi Michael,

We could not reproduce this on our systems, could we find a time to set up a call and screenshare so that you can demonstrate the problem for me and I can see what I am doing differently than you so I can hopefully reproduce this issue?

Offline michaelbothager

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2022, 08:50:32 PM »
ahoward,

Hi Michael,

We could not reproduce this on our systems, could we find a time to set up a call and screenshare so that you can demonstrate the problem for me and I can see what I am doing differently than you so I can hopefully reproduce this issue?

Will a screen recording suffice? I'm booked up in the foreseeable future.

Id a recording is better than nothing, please message me info on where and how to upload, as I'm not interested in having it freely available here in the forum.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

/Michael

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2022, 02:55:02 PM »
ahoward,

Hi Michael,

Will a screen recording suffice? I'm booked up in the foreseeable future.

Id a recording is better than nothing, please message me info on where and how to upload, as I'm not interested in having it freely available here in the forum.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

/Michael

Absolutely. If we can't figure it out from there I may still want to screenshare with you, but I know folks are busy and can't always take time out of their day to troubleshoot something that may be a bug in our software. That said, I haven't seen any other reports of this come through our ticketing system, so that makes it tough to figure out what is going on. You'll get an email from support@camerabits.com shortly with credentials for our FTP server shortly