Author Topic: How many Hot Code code replacement files at the same time???  (Read 840 times)

Offline michaelbothager

• View Profile
Is it only possible to have a single Hot Code code replacement file?

I tried to find the answer in the documentation and here in the forums, but to no avail.

If I try to load a second Hot Code code replacement file, I get an "Error: Hot Codes already defined for namespace 'Global'.  File:'path-to-file/file.tsv' line 3 has duplicates.'" error.

Loading just one Hot Code code replacement file completes OK.

The Hot Code Names (column titles) are not identical in the two Hot Code code replacement files.

Build 6474
macOS 1015.7

/Michael

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: How many Hot Code code replacement files at the same time???
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2022, 08:13:02 PM »
Michael,

No, it is possible to have many Hot Code Replacement files loaded at the same time.

I tried to find the answer in the documentation and here in the forums, but to no avail.

If I try to load a second Hot Code code replacement file, I get an "Error: Hot Codes already defined for namespace 'Global'.  File:'path-to-file/file.tsv' line 3 has duplicates.'" error.

I checked the documentation and it is missing the description on how to create additional namespaces.  To create a namespace, use:

//$$ Namespace

...where 'Namespace' is the new namespace you want your additional generators and hot codes to reside.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline michaelbothager

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2022, 08:19:03 PM »
Kirk,

Michael,

No, it is possible to have many Hot Code Replacement files loaded at the same time.

I checked the documentation and it is missing the description on how to create additional namespaces.  To create a namespace, use:

//$$ Namespace

...where 'Namespace' is the new namespace you want your additional generators and hot codes to reside.

HTH,

-Kirk

Thank you.

How do I address that namespace int the IPTC ? Is it [Namespace.column]?

/Michel

Offline michaelbothager

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2022, 10:37:31 PM »
I'm commenting my own post in case anyone stumbles across this thread.

How do I address that namespace int the IPTC ? Is it [Namespace.column]?

It's [Namespace.column], my guess was correct ;o)

Main detail is that the namespace line (//$$ Namespace) has to be the very first line of the code replacement file.

/Michael