Author Topic: Data not saving to ITPC Info  (Read 903 times)

Offline Jon Paul Davidson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Data not saving to ITPC Info
« on: May 08, 2022, 03:00:48 PM »
Have read all the info already posted but the solutions appear to address all instances.  I am having trouble ONLY having the IPTC data "take" on certain .jpg files;  From some saved from one person and sent via Facebook, and now .jpg's from my own iPhone which were taken just yesterday. If I open the file in Preview and export it as a TIFF, the IPTC data saves fine.  I also just added some data to .png files and it takes fine.  There must be a setting somewhere that i have inadvertently changed.  Any thoughts?

OOPS: I FOUND THE answer! - In the Preferences, under IPTC, somehow the item "For jpegs with multiple IPTC records, read:" I had "First one" checked instead of "last one",  That seems to have fixed the problem.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2022, 08:20:21 PM by Jon Paul Davidson »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Data not saving to ITPC Info
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2022, 08:01:34 PM »
Jon Paul,

Have read all the info already posted but the solutions appear to address all instances.  I am having trouble ONLY having the IPTC data "take" on certain .jpg files;  From some saved from one person and sent via Facebook, and now .jpg's from my own iPhone which were taken just yesterday. If I open the file in Preview and export it as a TIFF, the IPTC data saves fine.  I also just added some data to .png files and it takes fine.  There must be a setting somewhere that i have inadvertently changed.  Any thoughts?

There was a bug in build 6424 that caused the behavior that you're describing.  Build 6474 fixes that problem.  What build are you using?

-Kirk