Author Topic: CREATE A CATALOG  (Read 799 times)

Offline Jon Paul Davidson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
CREATE A CATALOG
« on: May 09, 2022, 06:14:41 PM »
I see all kinds of questions and answers about esoteric issues with catalogs, but I cannot find anything that starts from scratch and tells me how to create a catalog: Step 1, step 2 etc.  I go the "create new catalog, and I am told "cannot create catalog" that the "database is locked."  I checked permissions on the new external drive and they are all "read & write" for everyone and I have extended that to all files on the drive. I do not know that PM+ is telling me is locked. 

I had a catalog of a large collection of images, but the drive failed and I have replaced it, put the collection on the new drive and tried to create a catalog on that drive.  I cannot make it work at all.  I have included screen shots of the process.  I Please help!!

I attached 4 screenshots but I only see the last one appearing.  Not sure what happened

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: CREATE A CATALOG
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2022, 09:07:22 PM »
For a problem like this, I suggest contacting our support folks at:

By email: support@camerabits.com

By phone: +1 503.547.2888

Hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm [PST/PDT]

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
Re: CREATE A CATALOG
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2022, 09:59:50 AM »
While your drive errors do seem like that a call to our support team would be helpful, I also wanted to pass along this link with Getting Started tips.

https://docs.camerabits.com/support/solutions/articles/48001078324-introduction-to-photo-mechanic-plus-catalogs

There are some very basic instructions on creating and adding images to a catalog.

-Mick
Mick O
Camera Bits