Author Topic: How does the search bar work for Filter->IPTC/Keywords  (Read 695 times)

Offline bcarlsonphoto

• View Profile
    • Website
How does the search bar work for Filter->IPTC/Keywords
« on: May 10, 2022, 10:17:36 AM »
I thought entering a term would bring up the appropriate keywords from the list that's present below it (irregardless of word order: a search for "dragon" would bring up "bearded dragon" and "dragon".

From what I can gather the search only targets the first word in keywords, so you can not target the second word in a keyword. Which seems problematic if you are searching for someone by last name. Also, searching is case sensitive. Can this be changed?

Also, I think it would be handy if when you search it populated the list of keywords that match that search as opposed to only circling it with a box. If I need to put that in the feature request forum I can.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: How does the search bar work for Filter->IPTC/Keywords
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2022, 11:04:47 AM »
I thought entering a term would bring up the appropriate keywords from the list that's present below it (irregardless of word order: a search for "dragon" would bring up "bearded dragon" and "dragon".

No, it's just a simple starts-with find.

From what I can gather the search only targets the first word in keywords, so you can not target the second word in a keyword. Which seems problematic if you are searching for someone by last name. Also, searching is case sensitive. Can this be changed?

No, there is no setting for making the find case-insensitive.

Also, I think it would be handy if when you search it populated the list of keywords that match that search as opposed to only circling it with a box. If I need to put that in the feature request forum I can.

So you want a filter and not a find.  You'd have to make a feature request for all of the above.

-Kirk