Author Topic: How to search Collections  (Read 987 times)

Offline bcarlsonphoto

• View Profile
    • Website
How to search Collections
« on: May 18, 2022, 12:16:12 PM »
Is there a way to search Collections more thoroughly? I know I can open a collection and search star & color rating via the top R corner. But is there a way to search a collection via other metadata/parameters? I tend to want to start a search from collections because of how I have my catalogs setup.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: How to search Collections
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2022, 02:17:50 PM »
Is there a way to search Collections more thoroughly? I know I can open a collection and search star & color rating via the top R corner. But is there a way to search a collection via other metadata/parameters? I tend to want to start a search from collections because of how I have my catalogs setup.

In the Search tab:

collection vehicles/cars

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline bcarlsonphoto

• View Profile
    • Website
Re: How to search Collections
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2022, 08:06:40 AM »
This works. I am noticing it's strictly doing a case sensitive search, even if Use Case-Sensitive Search is unchecked.

For it me it would be nice to have the collection search ability also in the Collections tab (possibly below the Create button?). If I want to rearrange my collections or see how they are nested it feels like too many clicks to us the Search tab then have to go find that particular Collection in the Collection tab.