Author Topic: Proxy Storage Version 6474  (Read 1123 times)

Offline bildbaendiger

• View Profile
    • bildbaendiger
Proxy Storage Version 6474
« on: May 19, 2022, 01:32:14 PM »
Hi Kirk,

Regarding my thread: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=14979.msg73729#msg73729
I want to describe, what happens with the update to the new Version 6474 (on a Windows 11 machine):
All catalogs whose proxy was changed were gone.
Also the path to the external proxy storage was empty.
After the reimport, all catalogs with a external proxy storage showed empty proxies.
The only solution I found for this was to copy the proxies back to internal. Then they were displayed and I was able to get them back externally again.
After this little workaround, the proxy storage problem seems to be solved.

Greetings
Thomas

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Proxy Storage Version 6474
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2022, 03:02:36 PM »
Thomas,

Regarding my thread: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=14979.msg73729#msg73729
I want to describe, what happens with the update to the new Version 6474 (on a Windows 11 machine):
All catalogs whose proxy was changed were gone.

Spontaneously gone as in deleted without any direction on your part?

Again, spontaneously as in unexpected behavior?

After the reimport, all catalogs with a external proxy storage showed empty proxies.

All of the new catalogs, or even existing catalogs that had external proxies working correctly spontaneously stopped working?

The only solution I found for this was to copy the proxies back to internal. Then they were displayed and I was able to get them back externally again.

Hmm.  As you can see, I'm somewhat confused about all of the above.  A list of steps to follow would be most helpful.

-Kirk

Offline bildbaendiger

• View Profile
    • bildbaendiger
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2022, 11:37:46 PM »
Hello Kirk,

Spontaneously gone as in deleted without any direction on your part?
Yes

Again, spontaneously as in unexpected behavior?
Again yes

All of the new catalogs, or even existing catalogs that had external proxies working correctly spontaneously stopped working?
Yes, all the existing catalogs  that had external proxies working correctly spontaneously stopped working.

Perhaps it could have been another problem:
There was a major Windows update (KB5013943) in the meantime after the PM+ update.
Since I have been working only in the navigator lately, i am not sure when exactly the catalogs disappeared.
So it could also have been the Windows update?
(on the mac system I had no such effects)

Greetings
Thomas

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2022, 09:10:15 AM »
Thomas,

Yes, all the existing catalogs  that had external proxies working correctly spontaneously stopped working.

Perhaps it could have been another problem:
There was a major Windows update (KB5013943) in the meantime after the PM+ update.
Since I have been working only in the navigator lately, i am not sure when exactly the catalogs disappeared.
So it could also have been the Windows update?
(on the mac system I had no such effects)

So these catalogs don't show up in Photo Mechanic Plus.  But if you go to the location where they were stored, are they there?  If so, you can make them appear in Photo Mechanic Plus by using the "Locate Existing Catalog..." button in the Catalog Management window.

-Kirk

Offline bildbaendiger

• View Profile
    • bildbaendiger
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2022, 10:00:39 AM »
Hello Kirk,

Yes, as described above:
After the reimport, there was an error message at the first catalog, that the path for the external proxies was missing.
I fixed it and the catalogs were displayed, with the problem that all external proxies were not shown.

Thomas