Author Topic: Ingest Jobcode and Subfolders  (Read 2214 times)

Offline zeddi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Ingest Jobcode and Subfolders
« on: May 22, 2022, 02:33:05 AM »
Hi!
I would like to make a ingest with following folder strukture:
D:\Fotos\2022\Helicon_Focus_Stacking\bugs

The primary destination is:
D:\Fotos

For the folder name I use:
{year4}\{jobname}\{month0}-{day0}

and for the jobcode (folder with subfolder):
Helicon_Focus_Stacking/bugs

But the result is
D:\Fotos\2022\Helicon_Focus_Stacking-bugs\05-22

Is there any way to mask special characters like / or \

Best regards and thanks a lot
Joerg

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Ingest Jobcode and Subfolders
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2022, 11:23:45 AM »
As far as I know, this is not possible, since Windows does not allow forward or backslashes in files or folder names.

Offline leokreissig

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2022, 12:13:04 PM »
You might try the sequence \\ for that. If it works like I think it might, the first backslash marks the second one as explicitly wanted, so it doesn't get removed later on.

If it doesn't work another workaround might be to use another field for this purpose, for example one of the custom ones found in the "Job" panel.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2022, 12:52:01 PM »
You might try the sequence \\ for that. If it works like I think it might, the first backslash marks the second one as explicitly wanted, so it doesn't get removed later on.

If it doesn't work another workaround might be to use another field for this purpose, for example one of the custom ones found in the "Job" panel.
The backslash will not act an as an escape character.

Another field will not be a workaround, because ultimately the contents of that field is populating as the name of the folder.

Offline leokreissig

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2022, 01:53:03 PM »
Well, I wasn't precise enough: {year4}\{jobname}\{user1}\{month0}-{day0} might do the trick. I guess when user1 is empty and it evaluates to 2022\testjob\\05-24 the double backslash would be reduced to just one, so if user1 is set another level of folders is added, if it is empty the month-day folder is placed into the job name folder.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2022, 09:01:11 AM »
Well, I wasn't precise enough: {year4}\{jobname}\{user1}\{month0}-{day0} might do the trick. I guess when user1 is empty and it evaluates to 2022\testjob\\05-24 the double backslash would be reduced to just one, so if user1 is set another level of folders is added, if it is empty the month-day folder is placed into the job name folder.

Maybe I misunderstood the request but it sounds like ultimately, zeddi wants Photo to create a folder with a slash in it, which, as far as I know, it will not do.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2022, 12:03:08 PM »

After reading this more, may have misunderstood initially. I think this would work as a workaround, however, if Zeddi absolutely needs the Job name to be "Helicon_Focus_Stacking\bugs"

then they would need to remove "\bugs" from their job name to make this work. I think whatever end result Zeddi is looking for is going to be possible, but it may depend on what can an can't be changed from the current set up to make it happen.

Offline zeddi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2022, 03:37:49 AM »
This is a good idea!
I try this workaround, but {user1} doesn't exist and an empty {username} create a subfolder named "default" :-(
Now, I will try other variable