Author Topic: Issue pulling all selected photos into Lightroom for editing  (Read 1046 times)

Offline Victoria S

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hi,
I'm having the hardest time when trying to upload/pull all the photos I've selected from photo mechanic over to lightroom for editing. I'll select several photos in photo mechanic, right click > choose "edit selected photos with" from the dropdown menu > "lightroom". Lightroom opens up to upload the photos, but only one out of all the photos I've selected in photo mechanic are actually selected in lightroom for uploading. Wanting to do this to save me time but it's costing more time. I have the "launching" preference set to "assign default application" to lightroom.

Any help appreciated, thank you so much!

Version 6.0, Build no. 6474

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Issue pulling all selected photos into Lightroom for editing
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2022, 01:37:22 PM »
What Lightroom does in response to Photo Mechanic's "Edit Photos with" seems to depend on a number of things, such as which Operating system you are using, what files types are involved, etc.

What I have found to work pretty consistently (on Windows) is selecting the images in Photo Mechanic, and doing a drag and drop to a Lightroom window open to the Library module (or LR's import window). This operation is demonstrated in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DJ7Rd-clu8

Please let me know if that works for you.

Offline Victoria S

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Issue pulling all selected photos into Lightroom for editing
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2022, 01:42:57 PM »
That worked! Thank you so much!