Author Topic: Photomechanic and the "new" Xfinity Modems  (Read 705 times)

Offline Eric

• View Profile
Photomechanic and the "new" Xfinity Modems
« on: June 08, 2022, 12:28:05 PM »
I just discover that the "new" white modems that Xfinity has been sending out have some kind of issue with FTP.  Comcast upgraded my modem last week and all of a sudden when using PM's built-in FTP function, my files would hang or stall.  Sometimes it would send 9 and hag on the 10th.  After googling Xfinity and FTP I discovered that lots of users of FTP software were having issues. It also appears the FileZilla is one of the programs that DOESN'T have any issue.  I did put the Xfinity gateway into bridge mode and plugged in my old router and the issue doesn't happen... but at the same time I sacrifice half my speed (wired) as the old router is a cheap and old 1gb router with little memory. Clearly there is some setting or security feature in the Xfinity gateway that isn't PM friendly. Speaking to Xfinity is useless. It takes 10 minutes to explain what FTP is.... and then 10 more minutes for them to confuse themselves into telling me I need a tech to come out to me...

So any idea what settings in the Xfinity Gateway or PM need to be changed? I use passive mode with a login (anon is not an option) in PM.

Thanks,

Eric