Author Topic: Unfortunately Indelible  (Read 1085 times)

Offline marc1

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Unfortunately Indelible
« on: June 08, 2022, 02:18:40 PM »
Unfortunately I can't delete or overwrite this nonsense. Very annoying, because otherwise I think PM is really great and have been using it for years.
I use I Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 19749 (20d085a). I use this old version because otherwise I can no longer use PS Camera Raw.

Thanks for helpful tips.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Unfortunately Indelible
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2022, 01:59:09 PM »
What happens when you do try to delete? Does it disappear? Or come back the next time you open the Window after you click OK?

I think you'll be able to solve this by exporting your preferences without the captions as part of it, deleting (or renaming) the preferences folder, and then importing your preferences folder again.

Go to Preferences. Click the Export button. In the window that appears, select everything except for the item called "IPTC: Caption popup", and proceed with the Export. Quit Photo Mechanic.

Then rename the Photo Mechanic Preferences folder, which is located here: /Users/username/Library/Preferences/com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic

I usually just rename the folder to com.camerabits.PhotoMechanicOLD

Launch Photo Mechanic and then go to the Preferences window and click Import. Locate the file that you exported a few moments ago, and Import it with all settings selected. Now, see if you can add/delete/change items in the Caption field and let men now if that takes care of the issue

Offline marc1

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2022, 02:18:05 PM »
Thank you for your hint. It sounds a bit complicated. English is not my mother tongue. I have an important photo shoot tomorrow. I need the software tomorrow, if I make a mistake now I have a big problem. Deleting is useless.

Gruß aus Deutschland...
Marc

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2022, 11:06:25 AM »
Any idea how these items got added to the list in the first place?

Offline marc1

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2022, 11:43:02 AM »
No idea, I didn't write it...maybe a wrong text type