Author Topic: Set GPS Coordinates: "Open this area in Google Maps …" appears not to work  (Read 1406 times)

Offline thomaskyhn

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
In the Set GPS Coordinates pane, when clicking in the lower left corner of the map – where it says "Open this area in Google Maps …" on mouseover – nothing happens.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
I've never seen that before, it's not a feature that were trying to provide.

-Kirk

Offline thomaskyhn

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I've never seen that before, it's not a feature that were trying to provide.

-Kirk

Thanks for your reply.

The "Open this area in Google Maps …" tip is always shown on mouseover.

Being able to open the location in Google Maps externally or just to copy a link to the location in Google Maps would be very useful.

Thomas

Offline thomaskyhn

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Lightroom has the same mouseover tip, by the way (but here clicking where it says Google will take you to Google Maps externally).

Offline thomaskyhn

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Addition.

I see now that Ctrl-clicking in the lower left corner brings up the contextual menu whose Copy Link option works (most of the other options don't).

Clicking on View on Google Maps links doesn't work either.

But here too you can Ctrl-click on the link to bring up the contextual menu and choose Copy Link.

Offline Indy

• View Profile
FYI - I'm on Windows 10 with the latest version of PM+ and clicking on the links you mention above all work for me. 

Offline thomaskyhn

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
FYI - I'm on Windows 10 with the latest version of PM+ and clicking on the links you mention above all work for me.

Strange. The only functions that work here – on macOS 12.4 – are the contextual menu's Copy Link and Share options.

Offline Indy

• View Profile
More info:

When I click "Show Map..." within PM+ it opens a PM+ modal window displaying the Google Maps view and corresponding information.  When I click on one of the links of issue within that original map view it opens in a "Microsoft Edge WebView2" window with the corresponding Google Maps view.

Offline thomaskyhn

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Here, none of the links will open in the GPS Map Browser window either, and Ctrl-clicking on the "Open this area …" link in the lower left corner doesn't work.