Author Topic: Favorites for Browsing in Organizer?  (Read 848 times)

Offline dbvirago

• View Profile
Favorites for Browsing in Organizer?
« on: June 24, 2022, 03:52:13 PM »
Just upgraded to Plus after LR corrupted another Catalog. Trying to learn my way around and assimilating a new workflow.

I'm used to using the Navigator from v6 and the ability to Favorite a folder. The root folder for my images is about six levels down from the root of my C drive, but if I favorite it, I just navigate from that pane.

But for Browsing in Organizer, I have to drill down every time I want to browse my image folders. Is there a better way to do this?

Also, on a side note, drag and drop does not seem to work. The icon as I drag an image to the folders under Browse seems to be a copy/move icon, but the folders are never highlighted and if I 'drop' the image, it doesn't move.

Sorry if this is newbie stuff, I'm still digging through docs.

Offline ramblinwreck

• View Profile
Re: Favorites for Browsing in Organizer?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2022, 07:14:07 AM »
I have the same question. We must be missing something.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Favorites for Browsing in Organizer?
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2022, 11:34:10 AM »
There is currently no 'Favorites' feature for the browse menu. You could create a Quick Search for images at the path to that folder and it would become 2 clicks (selecting the snapshot menu and then selecting the correct snapshot), rather than having to drill down. If you'd like to see a "favorites" feature for the Browse menu, please make a post on the feature requests board regarding how you'd like to see this implemented.

The icon as I drag an image to the folders under Browse seems to be a copy/move icon, but the folders are never highlighted and if I 'drop' the image, it doesn't move.

Dragging and dropping to the organizer is not a feature of Photo Mechanic Plus at this time. There are a few threads about similar suggestion on the feature requests board. I can't link to a specific search but if you go to the feature requests board for Photo Mechanic Plus and search "drag" you'll see some threads. Feel free to add your feedback on those once you've read through them.