Author Topic: Catalog corrupted  (Read 1199 times)

Offline TommyWeir

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Catalog corrupted
« on: June 27, 2022, 07:52:49 AM »
Hi

I came back after being away for a month and my catalog simply didn't load.  I get this error when I choose Locate Existing Catalog.

Unable to open catalog:

open_catalog failed: ["open_catalog: CILA::PROTO::RPCException/catalog_open_db failed: [\"catalog_open_db: Sequel::DatabaseError/SQLite3::CorruptException: database disk image is malformed\"]"]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Catalog corrupted
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2022, 09:07:31 AM »
Hi

I came back after being away for a month and my catalog simply didn't load.  I get this error when I choose Locate Existing Catalog.

Unable to open catalog:

open_catalog failed: ["open_catalog: CILA::PROTO::RPCException/catalog_open_db failed: [\"catalog_open_db: Sequel::DatabaseError/SQLite3::CorruptException: database disk image is malformed\"]"]

I'd like to see your Photo Mechanic log.  In Photo Mechanic Plus go to the Help menu and choose "Reveal Support Data..." and moments later a Finder/Windows Explorer window will come forward with the zipped log file selected.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your zipped PM log file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline TommyWeir

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2022, 02:15:07 PM »
Here you go...

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2022, 02:30:28 PM »
Tommy,

Thanks.  Your log files only contain entries from June 22nd onward.  What has happened to your system between the last time you were using Photo Mechanic Plus and June 22nd?

-Kirk

Offline TommyWeir

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2022, 02:23:35 AM »
Hi Kirk, I was away, I simply loaded it up after I returned and found no catalog in place.  I had no issues prior to departing.  The catalog loaded and worked perfectly.   

I worked out (sorry newbie to PM) where the catalog management feature was and attempted to locate it, but that threw up the error message.

I could start again, I'd been focussed on getting the majority of my existing work in there rather than much tagging or rating.  And my intention for the catalog was for completed work and their archival use. The proxies folder is about 43Gb so quite large perhaps.

Offline TommyWeir

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2022, 05:30:06 AM »
I restored the full folder from my backup drive and PM requested a Maintentance: Reintegrate needed, which I stepped my way through, all seems to be well!