Author Topic: Buggy issues with Photomechanic 4.5  (Read 15135 times)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Buggy issues with Photomechanic 4.5
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2017, 02:42:29 PM »
When you're using the "Copy Photos" dialog method to copy files, are you applying the IPTC Stationery Pad, doing renaming, folder creation, or anything special?

What is the type of file?  JPEG?  RAW?  If so, what kind of RAW?

-Kirk

Offline bddorsey

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2017, 10:15:38 AM »
We just select one or more photos from the contact sheet, rt click, and go.  Copy Wave files is checked as is Clear "move photos" and Clear Overwrite.  We have "Copy to this folder....") And open destination as a contact sheet.

Happens to both Canon RAW files and jpegs that PM extracts from them.

Again, this only seems to happen when copying TO the QNAP NAS.  When I copy from the NAS back to that original disk, it works fine.

I should also mention that the NAS is mounted as a Disconnected Network Drive so that Lightroom can read catalogs from it.  (I know, I know.... Shouldn't,  but have been doing it for as long as Lightroom's been around.)  And others have had this problem that are not doing things that way, so i don't think that's contributing to the issue.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2017, 10:22:44 AM »
Could you please post a screenshot of your Copy dialog settings?  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Knowing all of the settings will help me figure out all of the code paths involved in copying your RAW and JPEG files.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline bddorsey

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2017, 10:51:36 AM »
screenshots

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2017, 01:10:29 PM »
Hmm.  I need to see the window showing the settings you use to copy files to your NAS.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline bddorsey

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2017, 09:05:15 AM »
Hey Kirk -
That's just it, we don't use a windows dialogue to copy to the NAS.  If we just simply remain in PM and drag from one tab to another or drag from one tab to a folder in the PM Navigator on the side, it works fine. 
I understand that that may be a Windows copy function, but we don't invoke any windows dialog.  It's strictly a drag and drop from within PM.

Let me know if there's something in the system prefs you want to see...

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2017, 10:14:17 AM »
Hey Kirk -
That's just it, we don't use a windows dialogue to copy to the NAS.  If we just simply remain in PM and drag from one tab to another or drag from one tab to a folder in the PM Navigator on the side, it works fine. 
I understand that that may be a Windows copy function, but we don't invoke any windows dialog.  It's strictly a drag and drop from within PM.

Let me know if there's something in the system prefs you want to see...

OK, so which of those operations when the NAS is the destination causes the files to be hidden?

-Kirk

Offline bddorsey

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2017, 12:47:28 PM »
The problem occurs when we are in PM, and we select one or more photos from the contact sheet, then we rt click on one of them (to bring up the context sensitive dialog), and select "Copy from that menu". 
It brings up the PM Copy dialogue box.  Settings in that dialog box as noted above.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2017, 01:21:41 PM »
And that is the dialog box that I need to see.  I need to see all of the settings.  If the paths are sensitive, feel free to blur them out or contact me privately and I'll provide a place you can upload them that only I can see.

Thanks,

-Kirk