Author Topic: batch-delete existing keywords  (Read 1086 times)

Offline SAMouzon

• View Profile
    • The Original Green Blog
batch-delete existing keywords
« on: July 24, 2022, 05:26:19 AM »
I've been tagging images with keywords for a dozen years, and have learned a few things in that time and would now like to batch-delete some keywords. For example, I've tagged thousands of images with ", aspect-P" for images with portrait orientation, but that's not something anyone would ever think to look for when searching my images, and it's easy to sort by width or height to see all the portrait images in one place. I've tried Find and Replace, with ", aspect-P" in the Find box and the Replace box empty, and when that didn't work, with "" in the Replace box, which didn't work, either. I'm searching Metadata, with only Keywords checked.

FWIW, I found an ancient thread from 2006 which indicates it worked way back then. Has the batch-replace capability been removed, or am I doing something wrong?

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: batch-delete existing keywords
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2022, 09:38:41 AM »
The comma is not part of the keyword and does not exist in the metadata. Remove ", " from your search and using an empty "Replace" field should do what you are looking for.

Offline SAMouzon

• View Profile
    • The Original Green Blog
Re: batch-delete existing keywords
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2022, 12:06:01 PM »
Fabulous... thanks so much! I was thinking literal search-and-replace like in a word processor, so I'd need to also delete the comma and space before the keyword, but PM is smarter than that.