Author Topic: Tag the same person over and over again from preview?  (Read 1180 times)

Offline Jim S.

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Tag the same person over and over again from preview?
« on: July 18, 2022, 12:53:22 PM »
Here's my situation-- working with sports, and dealing with thousands of files.

I want to find the quickest possible way to add player information to the files.

Right now, I'll make a first culling pass, and rank my files. Then I'll filter to just them, and go back into preview to look at all of them and run a second cull.

Many of these photos are things I won't use now, but at some point in the future, might need, so I want to add them to "Persons shown"

Is there any way to hit a single key and re-add the last tag to the photo?

In other words, I open picture one and tag "Persons shown" with a player name.

Then I use the mouse wheel to scroll to the next picture-- when I see it's the same person, I'd like to just be able to hit a button and have the same name added again, to the same field.

I know I can pull up the Metadata window and scroll from there, but even just scrolling from photo to photo is significantly slower from that window. Throw in copy & paste, and I'm now crawling along.

I also know that I can tag multiple photos at once, but that breaks down when I have different people in the photos-- Player A might be in all10 photos selected, but Player B is only in 5, and Player C is in 3 at the front and 4 at the back.

Is there any way to do this, or would it be a feature request?

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Tag the same person over and over again from preview?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2022, 05:05:38 PM »
There is no single key shortcut for that, but I think you can use tags/color labels/star ratings and the Metadata Template to significantly cut down on the work.

For example:

Go through the images and hit the T key to tag each image with the relevant person. Then, go back to the Contact Sheet window and hit Command+T to select all Tagged images. Bring up the Metadata Template and check only the box for "Persons Shown" and the "+" checkbox next to the field. Type the name of the relevant person into the field and apply the template to Selected, then use Command-Minus to untag all tagged items so that you can continue for the next person.