Author Topic: Search by geotag like Mac Photos?  (Read 1343 times)

Offline SAMouzon

• View Profile
    • The Original Green Blog
Search by geotag like Mac Photos?
« on: July 27, 2022, 07:55:38 AM »
I'm just curious if there's a way to search by geotag, like you can in Mac Photos, where you can zoom in on a particular place and get just those images tagged for somewhere in that vicinity? If this can't yet be done, it would be an awesome new feature!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Search by geotag like Mac Photos?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2022, 10:58:06 AM »
I'm just curious if there's a way to search by geotag, like you can in Mac Photos, where you can zoom in on a particular place and get just those images tagged for somewhere in that vicinity? If this can't yet be done, it would be an awesome new feature!

The "Map Location Search..." command on the Catalog menu in Photo Mechanic Plus allows you to do just that.  The feature is not available in the base Photo Mechanic 6.

-Kirk

Offline SAMouzon

• View Profile
    • The Original Green Blog
Re: Search by geotag like Mac Photos?
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2022, 03:08:56 AM »

The "Map Location Search..." command on the Catalog menu in Photo Mechanic Plus allows you to do just that.  The feature is not available in the base Photo Mechanic 6.

-Kirk

Kirk, that's great! I'd never played with that command before... thanks! The only thing better would be if there were a way to map all of the occurrences where you could click on one and it would take you to that image.