Author Topic: How to ingest JPEG and RAW from different SD cards at the same time  (Read 1388 times)

Offline toolboxT

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hi,

My camera is setup to take both JPEG and RAW images and store them to different cards (SD and CFExpress respectively). I was wondering if there was a way to easily import them both at the same time using Photo Mechanic. I was hoping that it would also work so that if I delete one, it will also delete the version in the other format.

Thanks

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
Re: How to ingest JPEG and RAW from different SD cards at the same time
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2022, 02:14:12 PM »
Yes, PM handles multiple card ingests at the same time from multiple readers. I do this myself sometimes.

If both card slots keep the same filename base (e.g, DSC_3456.nef on one card and  DSC_3456.jpg on the other card) then PM will join those together under the same thumbnail as long as they are ingested into the same folder. Then ratings/tags and deletion happen to the combined pair.

-Mick
Mick O
Camera Bits

Offline toolboxT

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2022, 06:52:57 PM »
Is this done automatically when I plug both in and ingest or do you know if there are specific settings I need to toggle.

Thanks.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2022, 09:57:39 AM »
Is this done automatically when I plug both in and ingest or do you know if there are specific settings I need to toggle.

Thanks.

Check the box for "Auto Ingest", and your Ingest will begin when your memory card is mounted as long as Photo Mechanic is open: https://docs.camerabits.com/support/solutions/articles/48000207409-ingesting-photos-with-photo-mechanic#Incremental-ingest,-auto-ingests,-auto-cataloging,-and-merged-destinations%C2%A0