Author Topic: Use Global template  (Read 1353 times)

Offline daveh

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Use Global template
« on: July 26, 2022, 06:36:46 AM »
Hello,

I used to be able to select Use Local Template and Use Global Template.  However, whatever I try now, I can only set Use Local Template.  Am I missing something or has something changed or should I reset my preferences to default?

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Dave H

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Use Global template
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2022, 05:40:43 PM »
Dave,

I used to be able to select Use Local Template and Use Global Template.  However, whatever I try now, I can only set Use Local Template.  Am I missing something or has something changed or should I reset my preferences to default?

I take it that clicking on the "Use Global Template" radio button has no visual effect (the radio button doesn't become selected)?

What macOS version are you running?

-Kirk

Offline daveh

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2022, 03:00:50 AM »
Hello Kirk,

Yes, that is correct on the radio button.  I cannot select the Global template and have to load the template I'm using into the ingest box manually.  Not a big issue, but I do have times when I need to live ingest with one template, copy that into a folder that I can then add a different template so the options of global and local templates gives me that option.

I am currently on OS 11.6.8

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2022, 08:13:23 AM »
Dave,

Yes, that is correct on the radio button.  I cannot select the Global template and have to load the template I'm using into the ingest box manually.  Not a big issue, but I do have times when I need to live ingest with one template, copy that into a folder that I can then add a different template so the options of global and local templates gives me that option.

I am currently on OS 11.6.8

Try clicking a little higher or lower than you would expect to click on the radio button and see if that works.

-Kirk

Offline Rguzmanphoto

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2022, 01:09:12 PM »

Also works by pointing at the titles and clicking

Offline daveh

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2022, 01:30:09 AM »
It works.  Clicking on the titles as Rguzmanphoto has suggested works.

Thank you so much indeed Kirk and Rguzmanphoto, now I can get back to my previous workflow.

Once again, thank you.

Dave H