Author Topic: Edit & related menu items greyed out  (Read 3324 times)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Edit & related menu items greyed out
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2022, 08:57:02 PM »
The only thing I've done to the folder since the catalog was created was to mark it as "Make online-only" with Dropbox, then later mark it as "Make available offline" (i.e. local). But I just tried an "Update folder location" from the browse tab and that fixed things, so I guess I should just make sure to do this after each time I make a folder available onlne again. But on a related note, I can only get the browse dialog be responsive occasionally but not always. At times it is just completely unresponsive to left or right clicks - no arrow twirl-down, no right-click menu, etc. So that makes this solution a little tougher. Don't mean to throw you a two-for-one question, but have you heard of this behavior?  Thanks for your help, for sure.

What is a browse dialog?  Do you mean the Browse tab of the Organizer?

-Kirk

Offline TimTh

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2022, 08:11:23 AM »
Yes, the browse tab of the organizer. I can get a yellow outline to appear on the Folder Path option (or any other option) but clicking on the arrow to twirl it down or right clicking to get the context menu don't do anything sometimes. Other times they are responsive, which is why I was able to do the Update Folder Location. Thank you.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2022, 08:26:42 AM »
Yes, the browse tab of the organizer. I can get a yellow outline to appear on the Folder Path option (or any other option) but clicking on the arrow to twirl it down or right clicking to get the context menu don't do anything sometimes. Other times they are responsive, which is why I was able to do the Update Folder Location. Thank you.

Does this happen when you switch between catalogs that you're using?  It takes time for the various UI elements to be updated when changing which catalogs are set for searching.

-Kirk

Offline TimTh

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2022, 08:45:32 AM »
No. No matter how long I have a catalog selected I get the same behavior. But it is intermittent, as I mentioned. Sometimes I can get it to respond, other times not. Unfortunately, it's more often not.  Thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2022, 09:04:56 AM »
For a problem like this, I suggest contacting our support folks at:

By email: support@camerabits.com

By phone: +1 503.547.2888

Hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm [PST/PDT]

Offline TimTh

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2022, 09:17:54 AM »
Will do, thanks. And thanks again for your help on the main problem - glad to get a solution to that.

Offline TimTh

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2022, 10:00:27 AM »
Just to follow up, in case others are having the same unresponsive click behavior: Turns out it was related to having the Loom service (https://www.loom.com/) running in the background. Not the app itself, just the service. Since I only use Loom infrequently, I disabled its automatic service startup and PM has been working as expected since. Thanks to Andrew from Camera Bits for troubleshooting and figuring this out. Great support.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2022, 02:57:05 PM »
Just to follow up, in case others are having the same unresponsive click behavior: Turns out it was related to having the Loom service (https://www.loom.com/) running in the background. Not the app itself, just the service. Since I only use Loom infrequently, I disabled its automatic service startup and PM has been working as expected since. Thanks to Andrew from Camera Bits for troubleshooting and figuring this out. Great support.

Just a further note after I've done some more testing: the issue seems to be a combination of when you have Loom set to launch on start up *and* have it set to show the highlight when you click the mouse. When you boot up these computer with both of these things enabled, Loom is hidden but still seems to be intercepting the mouse-clicks in some way, because once you open the Loom window for the first time and then close it, everything in the organizer works as normal. From then on, the only time I could reproduce an issue was when Loom was actually showing the yellow highlight when I clicked the mouse (until of course I rebooted and the problem happened again).

Loom users should disable one or both of these settings to avoid the issue. Note that this appears to only be a Windows issue.

Hope this helps someone else encountering issues with clicking on parts of the organizer.