Author Topic: Evaluating variables in the Twitter uploader  (Read 846 times)

Offline RogerB

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Evaluating variables in the Twitter uploader
« on: August 13, 2022, 01:08:29 PM »
It’s possible to use variables in the Tweet Text field of the Twitter uploader, and it works very well. However, sometimes I’d like to be able to evaluate the variables before uploading (in a similar way that the variables can be evaluated in the Metadata Template by holding the shift key and the OK button changes to Eval), and I can’t figure out how to do it, assuming it’s possible.

Is there a way to evaluate the variables before uploading, and if so, how is it done?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Evaluating variables in the Twitter uploader
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2022, 02:49:14 PM »
Roger,

It’s possible to use variables in the Tweet Text field of the Twitter uploader, and it works very well. However, sometimes I’d like to be able to evaluate the variables before uploading (in a similar way that the variables can be evaluated in the Metadata Template by holding the shift key and the OK button changes to Eval), and I can’t figure out how to do it, assuming it’s possible.

Is there a way to evaluate the variables before uploading, and if so, how is it done?

No, it is not possible to evaluate the variables prior to uploading.

-Kirk

Offline RogerB

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Evaluating variables in the Twitter uploader
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2022, 02:02:54 AM »

No, it is not possible to evaluate the variables prior to uploading.

OK Kirk, thank you. I’ll make a feature suggestion for it and hopefully you might be able to address it in a future version.