Author Topic: Loading Ingest Variables from a different computer  (Read 1033 times)

Offline ejatpa

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Loading Ingest Variables from a different computer
« on: August 14, 2022, 02:08:01 PM »
I am trying to load ingest variables that I saved on a different computer to my desktop computer.  I copied the saved Ingest variable file from the other computer put it into the ingest dialogue settings folder on my desktop computer.  When I try to load the information, I click the thunderbolt and select manage snapshots.  I am taken to the appropriate folder and then I am not given any way to load the appropriate file.  Am I missing something obvious here?

Windows 11
PM 6.0 Build 6496

Thanks

EJ

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Loading Ingest Variables from a different computer
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2022, 02:27:11 PM »
I am trying to load ingest variables that I saved on a different computer to my desktop computer.  I copied the saved Ingest variable file from the other computer put it into the ingest dialogue settings folder on my desktop computer.  When I try to load the information, I click the thunderbolt and select manage snapshots.  I am taken to the appropriate folder and then I am not given any way to load the appropriate file.  Am I missing something obvious here?

Copy the snapshot file to the snapshot folder on the other computer and it will be listed in the snapshot menu.

-Kirk

Offline ejatpa

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2022, 03:31:58 PM »
I did what you said previously.  The picture is a snapshot of what I see when I try to load the file.  There is no load or other command that allows me to load the file into the ingest page.

EJ

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2022, 03:37:47 PM »
I did what you said previously.  The picture is a snapshot of what I see when I try to load the file.  There is no load or other command that allows me to load the file into the ingest page.

What are you clicking on/choosing that causes a file picker dialog to appear?

-Kirk

Offline ejatpa

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2022, 03:39:21 PM »
Ok, I get it now.  I copied the wrong file.  I should've copied snap file.  It works now.

I was clicking on the Lightning bolt on the Ingest page.

Thanks