Author Topic: Feature Request: Show/Hide Option for Thumbnail Icon Buttons  (Read 1039 times)

Offline photopilot77

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Feature Request: Show/Hide Option for Thumbnail Icon Buttons
« on: August 16, 2022, 07:55:27 PM »
Please add a show/hide option in the menu to toggle on/off the 4 buttons that appear over each thumbnail when the mouse hovers over them in the contact sheet.  When the thumbnails are small, the buttons obscure the image itself, and become difficult to avoid when clicking around the GUI.

In addition, it can be quite jarring to see the buttons tracking around with the mouse as it glides across thumbnails. I stare at a screen for hours organizing photos for my job, and when I'm focused on one thumbnail, and move my mouse, it draws my attention to the refreshing icons on the screen and can be very hard to keep my eyes where they were focused.

I'm sure these buttons are useful to some, but it would really improve quality of life for some users that find this to be a distraction and stressor to be able to disable it.

Here is an example of the compressed buttons (attached)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Feature Request: Show/Hide Option for Thumbnail Icon Buttons
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2022, 08:48:05 PM »
Please add a show/hide option in the menu to toggle on/off the 4 buttons that appear over each thumbnail when the mouse hovers over them in the contact sheet.  When the thumbnails are small, the buttons obscure the image itself, and become difficult to avoid when clicking around the GUI.

NOTE: You don't have to click on a thumbnail to select it.  The area below the thumbnail, where the filename is shown will also select the thumbnail.

-Kirk

Offline photopilot77

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Feature Request: Show/Hide Option for Thumbnail Icon Buttons
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2022, 04:04:04 PM »
That's a really helpful tip, thanks!

The visual disruption of the popover buttons is still distracting, but this is helpful for getting through the click errors.