Author Topic: Advance by color type?  (Read 753 times)

Offline flyingpoint

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Advance by color type?
« on: September 07, 2022, 09:24:28 AM »
I'm sure this functionality already exists, but I've looked for the details without luck.

My typical workflow is to do my initial culling pass in PM and then bring those images into LR where I'll process and do another cull.  Those final images will come back into PM for code replacement before I send them off to clients.

Here's my question -- I'm just doing code replacement on the twice-culled images.  (In my case, it's red-tag and 5-star images.) Typically, I'll sort the images by rating and start code replacement.  But when I can't read a player's number -- I'll go back to the "as taken" sort to find a jersey/bib.

Is it possible to leave the overall sort "As Taken" but use a keystroke to advance to the red-tag/5 star?  It would save a lot of resorting and make the whole process go a lot faster.

Hope this makes sense.  And thanks!

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Advance by color type?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2022, 10:49:45 AM »
There is no keystroke specifically for doing that, but it sounds like using the contact sheet filters might be a useful in getting to the right image. At top of the contact sheet you will see a star rating and color label filter. Generally, clicking on the filters hides files that match that filter. However, if you hold the Option/Shift key on your keyboard while clicking a filter, all other filters will be disabled (so Option-Clicking on the Red label will hide everything but images that have a red label.

Offline flyingpoint

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Advance by color type?
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2022, 11:23:20 AM »
That makes sense -- I'll give it a try tonight.  Thank you!