Author Topic: What's your way of adding IPTC Scene code ?  (Read 1204 times)

Offline Raphael

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
What's your way of adding IPTC Scene code ?
« on: September 20, 2022, 08:34:36 AM »
Hi !

IPTC scene code covers things like "Headshot", "Landscape", "Profile", "General view" or "Panoramic View" etc....
When ingesting pictures I can't complete this scene code in the metadata template as the pics are all different scene.
The scene code has to be added one picture at a time.

What's your way of adding this code ?

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: What's your way of adding IPTC Scene code ?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2022, 10:57:17 AM »
First I would recommend creating a snapshot in the Metadata Template with only that field populated. Then, you could first go through the images and apply a color label (example: green for headshot, blue for landscape and so forth). Then, from the edit menu, select images by their color class (or just use the corresponding keyboard shortcut, shown in the menu) and then load the corresponding snapshot in the Metadata Template and apply it to your selection.

If you use a lot of IPTC Scene codes, this process could become a bit onerous/repetitive, so if you are interested, the process could be automated a bit further by utilizing variables and code replacements. At that point you'd only need to apply the Metadata Template once to all images with a color label and it would populate the IPTC Scene field for you. If you are interested in learning more about that, let me know and I'll probably make a video recording to show you how that would work.