Author Topic: crtl shift 0  (Read 1032 times)

Offline Bob M

• View Profile
    • The McElroys of Point Alexander
crtl shift 0
« on: September 22, 2022, 02:40:59 PM »
Crtl 0 will set the color class of a group of photos to no colour, but you can't use crtl shift 0 to select photos with no colour class.  That strikes me as an inconsistency in your user interface.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: crtl shift 0
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 03:10:09 PM »
Good catch, Bob. We're looking into it.

Offline Bob M

• View Profile
    • The McElroys of Point Alexander
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2022, 06:42:58 AM »
The release notes for build 6645 say:

Added: Missing shortcut for selecting images with no color class.  Note: Windows Input Method switching may interfere with the functioning of the shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+0) and may have to be changed in the Keyboard Control Panel's "Input language hot keys.

I have been unable to make this work.  I am on Windows 10.  I have changed the "Switch Keyboard Layout" key sequence from Crtl + Shift to "not assigned".  The "Switch Input Language" key sequence is set to Left Alt + Shift.  So I need more detailed instructions as to how to make this work.

However, I have discovered a work around.  I have found that Crtl + Shift + 9 will select all photos that have a colour class assigned.  Therefore Crtl + Shift + 9 followed by Crlt + Shift + O (select others, oh not zero) will do what I want.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2022, 12:42:01 PM »
Bob,

The release notes for build 6645 say:

Added: Missing shortcut for selecting images with no color class.  Note: Windows Input Method switching may interfere with the functioning of the shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+0) and may have to be changed in the Keyboard Control Panel's "Input language hot keys.

I have been unable to make this work.  I am on Windows 10.  I have changed the "Switch Keyboard Layout" key sequence from Crtl + Shift to "not assigned".  The "Switch Input Language" key sequence is set to Left Alt + Shift.  So I need more detailed instructions as to how to make this work.

However, I have discovered a work around.  I have found that Crtl + Shift + 9 will select all photos that have a colour class assigned.  Therefore Crtl + Shift + 9 followed by Crlt + Shift + O (select others, oh not zero) will do what I want.

Making both settings not assigned works for me on Windows 10.

For others having difficulty with these settings, in the system settings (click on the gear icon in the Windows (aka Start) menu), then enter "Advanced keyboard settings" in the search field (no quotes).  Then look for the "Input language hot keys" label and click on it.  Then in the "Text Services and Input Languages" window click the "Advanced Key Settings" tab.  Then click the "Change Key Sequence..." button.  Set both radio buttons to "Not Assigned", and click the OK button.  Only then will Windows allow PM to use Ctrl+Shift+0 to act as a keyboard shortcut.

HTH,

-Kirk