Author Topic: Lightroom Classic 14.5 Photo Mechanic 6 (6552) reads stars but not colours  (Read 992 times)

Offline RJMW

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Lightroom Classic 14.5 reads stars correctly but does not read colours correctly from Photo Mechanic 6 (6552)
Red in PM is white in Lightroom. I use the "lighting set up" on colours and stars. 
Stars read ok

see file

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
I use the "lighting set up" on colours and stars. 

I don't know what the "lighting set up" is, but the names of the labels needs to match. In Photo Mechanic's General preferences, what are the names of each color with your current settings? In Lightroom when you go to the window where you set your color labels, do the 5 names of the labels match what you have in Photo Mechanic?

Offline RJMW

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Forgive me I am not very experienced. I see the lighting set-up is called the "Snapshot Icon", to me it looks like a lighting symbol. I followed May 6, 2021, Setting Up Photo Mechanic: Quickstart guide to Preferences.  https://home.camerabits.com/2021/05/06/setting-up-photo-mechanic-quickstart-guide-to-preferences/

Attached.
""
Match your colors
To make sure your Color Classes match up with the ones in Adobe Lightroom, it is vital that the actual names of the colors match. In Preferences > General, there is a preset “snapshot” that will change the colors in Photo Mechanic to match the ones in Lightroom.
Click the snapshot icon to get a list of presets for matching the colors in other software. (Note: Adobe Lightroom only uses 5 colors, so “Purple” will be duplicated a few times.)""

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Forgive me I am not very experienced. I see the lighting set-up is called the "Snapshot Icon", to me it looks like a lighting symbol. I followed May 6, 2021, Setting Up Photo Mechanic: Quickstart guide to Preferences.  https://home.camerabits.com/2021/05/06/setting-up-photo-mechanic-quickstart-guide-to-preferences/

Attached.
""
Match your colors
To make sure your Color Classes match up with the ones in Adobe Lightroom, it is vital that the actual names of the colors match. In Preferences > General, there is a preset “snapshot” that will change the colors in Photo Mechanic to match the ones in Lightroom.
Click the snapshot icon to get a list of presets for matching the colors in other software. (Note: Adobe Lightroom only uses 5 colors, so “Purple” will be duplicated a few times.)""

That will work if Lightroom still has the default set of label names.  If they differ then using those settings won't help.  You should take a look at your Lightroom preferences to see what the current label names are and edit the label names in PM to match.

-Kirk