Author Topic: PM not recognizing selected images downloaded from dropbox  (Read 864 times)

Offline stephmassaro

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM not recognizing selected images downloaded from dropbox
« on: October 10, 2022, 10:15:13 AM »
I am running Photo Mechanic Version 6.0, build 6552 (1b31032) on MACOS Monterey.

Lightroom is not recognizing my selected photos from Photo Mechanic but only for images that I was sent through dropbox. The images are full-size high-resolution images from my second shooters. This issue does not happen when selecting images from my own SD cards.

Typically I color code the images I want to select and drag and drop the photos onto the lightroom icon in my dock, which works wonderfully. For some reason, these particular files aren't showing as selected and the import button in lightroom is greyed out. The images transfer to lightroom when I import them manually and are both RAF files and CR3 files.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM not recognizing selected images downloaded from dropbox
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2022, 10:38:17 AM »
I am running Photo Mechanic Version 6.0, build 6552 (1b31032) on MACOS Monterey.

Lightroom is not recognizing my selected photos from Photo Mechanic but only for images that I was sent through dropbox. The images are full-size high-resolution images from my second shooters. This issue does not happen when selecting images from my own SD cards.

Typically I color code the images I want to select and drag and drop the photos onto the lightroom icon in my dock, which works wonderfully. For some reason, these particular files aren't showing as selected and the import button in lightroom is greyed out. The images transfer to lightroom when I import them manually and are both RAF files and CR3 files.

What application was used to upload the images to DropBox?

-Kirk

Offline stephmassaro

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2022, 10:54:42 AM »
Hey Kirk,

They downloaded the images onto an external hard drive, and then uploaded them from their hard drive onto my dropbox account through the web. Hope that answers it but if not let me know! Thanks!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2022, 11:12:25 AM »
They downloaded the images onto an external hard drive, and then uploaded them from their hard drive onto my dropbox account through the web. Hope that answers it but if not let me know! Thanks!

If they deliver the images to you through some other means than DropBox, does the problem still occur?

Have you tried getting and comparing checksums (shasum) of the files on their hard drive vs. the files on your hard drive after you downloaded them from DropBox?

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2022, 11:29:24 AM »
If getting and comparing checksums is something you're not comfortable with, you could have the photographers compress the photos into a zip archive and then upload the .zip file and I expect that DropBox will not modify any of the data.

-Kirk