Author Topic: Controlled Vocal & Keywords Missing  (Read 864 times)

Offline BobBalestri

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Controlled Vocal & Keywords Missing
« on: October 12, 2022, 11:27:26 AM »
Running Photo Mechanic Version 6.0, build 6552 (1b31032) on Mac OS 10.15.7 Catalina
I upgraded to Catalina (last system available for this machine) from Mojave and used Migration Assistant to move apps.  However the Controlled Vocal and Keywords, along with the Meta IPTC Templates didn't get moved over and my backup was overwritten.  I have PM running on my laptop (Monterey OS)  and if I could find the files I could move them to where they belong but I am unable to locate the files on the laptop and hence the location that I would move them to on Catalina.  So where are the Controlled Vocal and KW files?  Any suggestions would probably be helpful
Thanks
Bob

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Controlled Vocal & Keywords Missing
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2022, 12:32:21 PM »
Bob,

Running Photo Mechanic Version 6.0, build 6552 (1b31032) on Mac OS 10.15.7 Catalina
I upgraded to Catalina (last system available for this machine) from Mojave and used Migration Assistant to move apps.  However the Controlled Vocal and Keywords, along with the Meta IPTC Templates didn't get moved over and my backup was overwritten.  I have PM running on my laptop (Monterey OS)  and if I could find the files I could move them to where they belong but I am unable to locate the files on the laptop and hence the location that I would move them to on Catalina.  So where are the Controlled Vocal and KW files?  Any suggestions would probably be helpful

The preferences are in a folder named "com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic" (you may as well copy over the entire folder--you'll get all of your settings) in the following location:

~/Library/Preferences

To get there, use the "Go to folder..." command on the "Go" menu in the Finder.  Copy and paste the above path into the text field and click the "Go" button.  Then scroll to the "com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic" folder.  Copy that from your laptop to your other system.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline BobBalestri

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Controlled Vocal & Keywords Missing
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2022, 11:20:18 AM »
You are my hero.....yet again!