Author Topic: Save Contact Sheet as pdf  (Read 4087 times)

Offline patricklux@gmx.de

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Save Contact Sheet as pdf
« on: April 15, 2016, 05:34:53 AM »
Hi,

instead of printing I would like to safe a contact sheet as a pdf to send to a client.
If I do via the save as pdf dialogue on my mac it results in a ridiculous large pdf. dpi is set to 72, checkbox use printer scaling is unchecked.
Any idea?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Save Contact Sheet as pdf
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 10:00:10 AM »
instead of printing I would like to safe a contact sheet as a pdf to send to a client.
If I do via the save as pdf dialogue on my mac it results in a ridiculous large pdf. dpi is set to 72, checkbox use printer scaling is unchecked.
Any idea?

You should get a smaller PDF if you enable printer scaling.

-Kirk

Offline Curt Norman

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2022, 08:12:22 PM »
I have the same issue.. but do not see that your response answered the question.  How does one export as a .pdf ?

Offline MNeipris

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2022, 09:56:52 AM »
I have the same issue.. but do not see that your response answered the question.  How does one export as a .pdf ?

In Photo Mechanic, you would go through the File-->Page Setup and File-->Print steps to either print a contact sheet or proofs, then use your operating system's option to print to PDF.

For newer Windows operating systems, there should be a "Microsoft Print to PDF" as a printer choice that will create a PDF.

For MacOS: at the bottom of the MacOS print settings window is a dropdown menu "PDF". Selecting that will reveal a "Save as PDF" option. Screenshot attached for reference.