Author Topic: RAW Rendering in Contact Sheet  (Read 819 times)

Offline spittingkitty

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
RAW Rendering in Contact Sheet
« on: October 20, 2022, 05:44:43 PM »
I'm running Photo Mechanic 6.0, build 6552. In this most recent build, RAW files are taking an usually long time to render in the Contact Sheet. When I first installed the new build, I had to go into Render Cache and point PM to the Adobe DNG converter, which I've never had to do before. Now, every time I load a director (not just the first time) the thumbnails render immediately, but I can't view them in preview until they are all done fully rendering, which is taking far longer than they have in the past. It's as slow as the load times in Adobe Bridge, which is really inconvenient. Any ideas as to fixing the issue?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: RAW Rendering in Contact Sheet
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2022, 05:58:07 PM »
I'm running Photo Mechanic 6.0, build 6552. In this most recent build, RAW files are taking an usually long time to render in the Contact Sheet. When I first installed the new build, I had to go into Render Cache and point PM to the Adobe DNG converter, which I've never had to do before. Now, every time I load a director (not just the first time) the thumbnails render immediately, but I can't view them in preview until they are all done fully rendering, which is taking far longer than they have in the past. It's as slow as the load times in Adobe Bridge, which is really inconvenient. Any ideas as to fixing the issue?

There is no way of speeding this up.  Disable it and the thumbnails and previews will appear nearly instantly.

The Adobe DNG Converter is not fast at converting RAW images into DNG files (takes about four seconds per image.)

The only thing you'll miss is that if you've made any RAW adjustments in Adobe products, you won't see your adjustments.

-Kirk