Author Topic: Grammarly compatibility  (Read 703 times)

Offline ddegner

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Boston Photographer
Grammarly compatibility
« on: October 30, 2022, 05:02:22 PM »
I'm a photojournalist and make mistakes while writing, especially when I'm trying to write captions fast for a deadline.

This is bad, it makes me look like a sloppy journalist, and I hate it.  One of the things that have most improved my writing is using Grammarly ( https://www.grammarly.com ). It has a little app that runs in the background and pops up suggestions as I'm writing on MacOS.  It works with most text boxes across all of my apps except Photo Mechanic.

I'm guessing there is a compatibility issue with Grammarly and Python or something.  But if you could take a few minutes to look into it, I would appreciate it.

Also, if you have any other suggestions for a grammar checker in PM, I would love to hear them.

Part of my problem is that the Caption field can feel very cramped in PM. If you ever want to redesign it so that there is more space between the words and around the caption, it might be easier to read and write.

Just another Boston based photographer doing the photojournalism and commercial photography thing.

Offline Bob Russell

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Grammarly compatibility
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2022, 10:17:24 AM »
The Caption field can be increased in size by going to the Accessibility preference page and clicking the Metadata (IPTC) Info button in the Customize section. Locate the Description/Caption field near the top of the list. Click the number in the Rows column and then increase the size ( up to 25 ) that will best fit your display.  Click the OK button at the bottom to save the updates. OK the preferences and now you will see a larger Caption field in the Metadata (IPTC) Info dialog.
Thank you for the Grammerly suggestion.

--Bob