Author Topic: Higher FPS when scrolling through memory card images contact sheet  (Read 1072 times)

Offline krakouer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Is there a way to improve performance with scrolling through the contact sheet?

On an M1 Mac, it's like about 1 frame a second which is really jarring as it's the only app I've ever used which has such a stutter when scrolling though the images.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Higher FPS when scrolling through memory card images contact sheet
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2022, 09:28:56 AM »
Is there a way to improve performance with scrolling through the contact sheet?

On an M1 Mac, it's like about 1 frame a second which is really jarring as it's the only app I've ever used which has such a stutter when scrolling though the images.

Please make a screen recording showing the problem and post it here please.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your video.  If it is too large, either post it on a sharing site (like Dropbox) or contact me privately for our FTP server info and instructions.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline krakouer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2022, 12:04:57 AM »
Sent you a PM :)

Offline krakouer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2022, 05:36:32 PM »
I should add, when browsing images before they've loaded (say I'm on a VPN and browsing a catalogue when the thumbnails are blank before they've loaded) it's back to smooth scrolling.

The issue only appears when thumbnails have loaded as in the video.

It happened on Monterey and now Ventura.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2022, 06:05:33 PM »
I should add, when browsing images before they've loaded (say I'm on a VPN and browsing a catalogue when the thumbnails are blank before they've loaded) it's back to smooth scrolling.

The issue only appears when thumbnails have loaded as in the video.

It happened on Monterey and now Ventura.

Could you take a screen grab of the Displays panel of the System Preferences dialog with the display selected that you have your Contact Sheet window on?  I'd like to see the settings for your display.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk