Author Topic: Hot codes don't work properly as folder path  (Read 1762 times)

Offline yichen_chen

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hot codes don't work properly as folder path
« on: October 29, 2022, 06:42:35 AM »
We're currently preparing Qatar 2022 and using live ingest to:
1.automatically separate photos from different matches and photographers into folders.
2.rename photos
3.fill in IPTC fields
Please see the attached exemple screenshots of code replacement sheets and live ingest settings.
Each photographer uploads photos to his/her own folder. The idea is to use folder name and iptc date to generate a match number which serves as the output folder name and as the key of code replacement to generate city, teams, stadium names etc.
Everything works fine except for one place: the output folder path of live ingest setting. I input [{imn0}{idy0}] and want the outcome to be like M02 (the match number for David on 11.21), but the folder name became [1121](only variables were analysed but the hot code didn't work). The other fields in IPTC template worked well: [{imn0}{idy0}] became M02 for David, =[{imn0}{idy0}]#5=became "Al Thumama Stadium", name of stadium etc.
Could you tell me if there's method to have the right outcome (M02 insted of [1121]) in the folder path? Thank you!

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Hot codes don't work properly as folder path
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2022, 11:57:16 AM »
1.automatically separate photos from different matches and photographers into folders.
2.rename photos
3.fill in IPTC fields
Please see the attached exemple screenshots of code replacement sheets and live ingest settings.
Each photographer uploads photos to his/her own folder. The idea is to use folder name and iptc date to generate a match number which serves as the output folder name and as the key of code replacement to generate city, teams, stadium names etc.
Everything works fine except for one place: the output folder path of live ingest setting. I input [{imn0}{idy0}] and want the outcome to be like M02 (the match number for David on 11.21), but the folder name became [1121](only variables were analysed but the hot code didn't work). The other fields in IPTC template worked well: [{imn0}{idy0}] became M02 for David, =[{imn0}{idy0}]#5=became "Al Thumama Stadium", name of stadium etc.
Could you tell me if there's method to have the right outcome (M02 insted of [1121]) in the folder path? Thank you!
Can you send us your code replacement/hot code file? If you don't want to post it publicly, please email it to support@camerabits.com

Offline yichen_chen

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Hot codes don't work properly as folder path
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2022, 05:39:43 PM »
2.rename photos
3.fill in IPTC fields
Can you send us your code replacement/hot code file? If you don't want to post it publicly, please email it to support@camerabits.com
Please check the attached replacement files together with my pmx setting file.
I've run tests on Win 10+ PMPlus and MacOS Monterey + PMPlus and the results stays the same.