Author Topic: Glitch with the Tab Key in the IPTC Template  (Read 753 times)

Offline jaylaprete

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Glitch with the Tab Key in the IPTC Template
« on: October 31, 2022, 08:37:09 PM »
I am using Photo Mechanic (Version 6.0, build 6552 (1b31032) on a MacBook Pro running MacOS 13.0.

The problem is that the cursor is not moving from field to field in the IPTC Template when using the Tab key.

To recreate the problem, I launch PM and hit command-I to start my IPTC template. The cursor starts in the City field and I tab to the next field which is State. I tab again to move cursor to the Country field. The next time I hit the tab key, the cursor moves directly into the Caption field (skipping the 12 fields in between State and Caption).

That problem started when I updated to MacOS 13.0.

I can click to place the cursor into any of the skipped fields and the cursor will move properly through the fields when hitting the Tab key. The problem will start again when it cycles back to the Country field where it again skips directly to the Caption field.

I hope this explanation makes sense and I know it may be a MacOS problem, not a PM one.

Thanks for your time and your great product and support!

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Glitch with the Tab Key in the IPTC Template
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2022, 11:06:33 AM »
Thanks for reporting. We are able to reproduce this issue on our computers and a bug report has been created.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Glitch with the Tab Key in the IPTC Template
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2022, 04:47:47 PM »
I may have jumped the gun on this issue ran into a different issue.

Any chance you've got "Full Keyboard Access" enabled? https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/navigate-your-mac-using-full-keyboard-access-mchlc06d1059/mac