Author Topic: PM Plus Context Menu  (Read 1616 times)

Offline bstich

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM Plus Context Menu
« on: November 02, 2022, 08:10:38 AM »
Hello ! I use the PM context menu a lot. Thanks for that ! Would it be possible to have a context menu that opens Photo Mechanic Plus and not only Photo Mechanic? Thanks ! BenoƮt

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: PM Plus Context Menu
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2022, 11:53:19 AM »
It sounds like you've got Photo Mechanic 6 and Photo Mechanic Plus installed. When this happens, the Browse utility opens Photo Mechanic 6. Remove Photo Mechanic 6 and leave Photo Mechanic Plus, and I believe it will do what you are requesting.

Offline bstich

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2022, 02:25:44 AM »
Good idea, thank you. I tried, but unfortunately, if the only application installed is photo Mechanic plus, PM context menu does not work.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2022, 09:04:04 AM »
What operating system are you on?

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2022, 02:59:14 PM »
Good idea, thank you. I tried, but unfortunately, if the only application installed is photo Mechanic plus, PM context menu does not work.

Let me know if you are on MacOS Ventura as you might need a workaround at the moment, but if you are on a prior MacOS version: hold the option key while choosing Browse with Photo Mechanic to select the Photo Mechanic Plus application, and it should then launch Photo Mechanic Plus when you use the service.

Offline bstich

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2022, 02:28:14 AM »
Thanks ! I am on Mac OS 11.7.1 (Big Sur). Unfortunately, what you propose (hold the option key while choosing Browse with Photo Mechanic to select the Photo Mechanic Plus application) does not work. the contextual menu works as usual and open PM6.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2022, 09:30:02 AM »
Thanks ! I am on Mac OS 11.7.1 (Big Sur). Unfortunately, what you propose (hold the option key while choosing Browse with Photo Mechanic to select the Photo Mechanic Plus application) does not work. the contextual menu works as usual and open PM6.

Apple's file picker window during this process is broken in certain views. You can click and drag or change to a different view like the "icons" view to be able to select it.

We are updating the tool in the next build of Photo Mechanic to use the most recently launched version of Photo Mechanic, rather than the user having to set it manually

Offline bstich

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2022, 10:14:50 AM »
thanks !