Author Topic: Error kmz file  (Read 675 times)

Offline mago

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Error kmz file
« on: November 05, 2022, 12:30:40 PM »
Hi:

I'm having trouble creating a kmz file, it's the third time I've used it, the other two times I had no problem, but now it gives me an error in Google Earth, "inline parse error, column ... no element found" I try open it with Notepad to try to edit it and I get some very strange characters (symbols). The truth is that I haven't created a kmz file in a long time, but I'm interested to know what happens. (I did it with Geosetter and I had no problems, Google Earth opens it perfectly)

Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Error kmz file
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2022, 05:56:15 AM »
I'm having trouble creating a kmz file, it's the third time I've used it, the other two times I had no problem, but now it gives me an error in Google Earth, "inline parse error, column ... no element found" I try open it with Notepad to try to edit it and I get some very strange characters (symbols). The truth is that I haven't created a kmz file in a long time, but I'm interested to know what happens. (I did it with Geosetter and I had no problems, Google Earth opens it perfectly)

Thanks

Please post one of your kmz files produced by Photo Mechanic.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline mago

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Error kmz file
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2022, 10:20:17 AM »
Hi Kirk:

As I said in my previous message, I have rarely used the function to create the kmz file. I tried again today, selecting only existing jpeg files in the catalog and not RAW and it worked without problems. Excuse me, but I didn't remember that if I select RAW files it doesn't work, I thought it generated the jpegs. Well, sorry again.

Thank you very much for your attention